All my CDs and tapes were recently stolen from my vehicle. My insurance company advised there is no coverage for these items in either my auto insurance or my homeowner’s insurance policy. Is this true?

Almost all auto and homeowners policies exclude coverage for any losses of tapes, disks and other sound transmitting or receiving equipment used in an automobile. Some insurance companies however, will provide coverage for these items for an additional premium. Check with your agent to determine if coverage can be purchased for the stereo, tapes and disks used in your auto.