Does my homeowners insurance policy cover damage from earthquakes?

The basic homeowners insurance policy doesn’t have protection for damage from earthquakes included in your coverage. However, if you deem it necessary, you may purchase an endorsement that guards against earthquake damage. Depending on where you live, such a provision would certainly be a wise move. Just be aware that a separate deductible may apply when you update your policy.